Spirulina Rose Meringues
A beautiful, sweet treat with a boost of spirulina.
- • 2 egg whites
- • 2/3 C sugar
- • ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- • 2 1/2 teaspoons Earthrise spirulina powder
- • 1/4 cup white melting chocolate
- • 1/3 cup rose crystals
- 1. Make sure your egg whites are at room temperature, then with a mixer – whisk them until they become frothy.
- 2. Add the cream of tartar and continue to beat. As the egg whites increase in volume, add the sugar slowly.
- 3. The egg white mixture will be ready once it looks like thick whipped frosting with stiff peaks.
- 4. Preheat the oven to 250 F.
- 5. Separate 1/4 of the meringue into a separate bowl.
- 6. Stir in spirulina powder & add this meringue mixture back into the separate bowl, mix again.
- 7. Add to a piping bag with a star tip and pipe onto a parchment paper lined sheet pan.
- 8. Bake for 30 minutes.
- 9. Take out of the oven once crisp.
- 10. Melt white chocolate and dip one side of the meringues into the chocolate.
- 11. Sprinkle immediately with rose crystals. Dry on a plate or cool baking sheet. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Original Recipe: https://bit.ly/2Ojvhfh