Spirulina Bowl with Buckwheat Crispies
- • 1 banana
- • 1 1/2 cup mango cut into chunks (fresh or frozen)
- • 1/2 medium cucumber sliced
- • A big handful of kale stems removed (or spinach)
- • 1/3 cup almonds ideally, previously soaked
- • 1 tbsp Earthrise spirulina powder
- • 2 tbsp hulled hemp seeds
- • 2 cups filtered water or plant-based milk
- • 1 cup buckwheat groats
- • 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- • 1/8 tsp sea salt
- • 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- • 2 tbsp maple syrup
- • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1. Place all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add more water or plant-based milk if needed. Pour into bowls and top with the buckwheat crispies.
- 2. To achieve the look in the photos, simply add a little bit of Earthrise spirulina powder on top of the smoothie and using a spoon, design circles.
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the buckwheat groats, cacao powder and sea salt.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- 4. Pour the wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir well to coat.
- 5. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until crispy, stirring once or twice after the first 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t burn.
- 6. Remove from the oven and let cool. Store in an airtight container.
Original Recipe: https://bit.ly/2tSK0FI