Spirulina Bowl with Buckwheat Crispies
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 cup mango cut into chunks (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 medium cucumber sliced
- A big handful of kale stems removed (or spinach)
- 1/3 cup almonds ideally, previously soaked
- 1 tbsp Earthrise spirulina powder
- 2 tbsp hulled hemp seeds
- 2 cups filtered water or plant-based milk
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Place all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add more water or plant-based milk if needed. Pour into bowls and top with the buckwheat crispies.
- To achieve the look in the photos, simply add a little bit of Earthrise spirulina powder on top of the smoothie and using a spoon, design circles.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, combine the buckwheat groats, cacao powder and sea salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Pour the wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir well to coat.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until crispy, stirring once or twice after the first 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Store in an airtight container.
Original Recipe: https://bit.ly/2tSK0FI