Raw Avocado–Key Lime Spirulina Pie
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 5 1/2 hours (5 hours soaking and chilling)
Serves: 4 to 6
- • 1 cup raw cashews
- • 1/2 cup raw almonds
- • 1 teaspoon Earthrise Spirulina
- • 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, plus more for decorating (optional)
- • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for seasoning
- • 6 dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- • 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds (optional)
- • 3/4 cup canned coconut milk
- • 3 tablespoons honey or agave
- • 1 vanilla bean, scraped, or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- • 1/2 large firm avocado
- • 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (preferably from key limes) and 1/2 teaspoon zest, plus sliced lime for garnish (optional)
- • 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- • 1/4 cup very ripe strawberries or raspberries
- 1. Soak cashews in a bowl of water in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight. Rinse.
- 2. Add almonds, coconut, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and half the dates to a food processor, and process until almonds are mostly broken down, about 45 seconds. Add remaining dates and sesame seeds if using, and process another 30 to 45 seconds, until mixture is uniform.
- 3. Press mixture into the bottom and along the sides of a 6-inch springform or round baking pan, so that edge of the tart is about 1 inch higher than the bottom and the sides are about 1/4 inch thick. Place crust in the freezer.
- 4. In a blender, combine cashews, coconut milk, 2 tablespoons honey, a pinch of salt, and vanilla. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- 5. Set aside 1/3 cup of the mixture. Add avocado, lime juice and zest, Earthrise Spirulina if using, and remaining tablespoon honey to the blender and process until fully incorporated. Add 2/3 cup coconut oil and blend. Pour mixture into crust and return to freezer.
- 6. Rinse blender and add reserved creamy mixture, remaining 2 tablespoons coconut oil, and berries, and blend. Place in freezer.
- 7. After an hour, pop tart out of pan. Transfer pink frosting to a pastry bag or a ziplock plastic bag with corner cut off. Decorate tart with frosting, adding additional coconut and sliced lime if desired. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve and enjoy the same day.
Original Recipe: https://bit.ly/2KMevb2