Raw Vegan, Chocolate Spirulina Pralines
- • 2 tbsp coconut oil
- • 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- • 3 cups shredded coconut
- • 4 tbsp coconut milk
- • 1 tsp Earthrise Spirulina powder
CHOCOLATE COATING INGREDIENTS
- 125 ml cacao powder
- 125 ml coconut oil , melted
- 3 tbsp rice malt syrup
2-3 tbsp chopped pistachios mixed with a good pinch of spirulina
- 1. Blend all filling ingredients together in a food processor.
- 2. Remove half of the mix and tip it into a 20cm x 20cm baking paper-lined tin, pressing it down firmly and neatly to create a smooth, even layer.
- 3. Pop the tray into the freezer for a couple of minutes while you create the green layer.
- 4. Add a teaspoon of spirulina powder to the remaining half of the mix in the food processor and give it a blitz.
- 5. Take the tray out of the freezer and evenly flatten out the green half of the mix on top of the white layer. Pop the tray back in the freezer.
- 6. Combine all chocolate coating ingredients in a small saucepan and stir on a low heat until well incorporated.
- 7. Remove the tray from the freezer after an hour or so and cut the coconut filling slab into small squares with a sharp knife.
- 8. Pop the squares on baking paper and drizzle over chocolate coating. Turn each square around, dabbing each side in the puddles of run-off chocolate to coat all sides evenly (yes, it gets messy right about now).
- 9. Place coated “pralines” onto a clean, baking paper-lined tray and sprinkle with the spirulina-laced chopped pistachios.
- 10. Refrigerate/freeze to set and store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. Remove from fridge/freezer a few minutes before serving.